Stingray Staff

Stingray Staff
What a Super(hero) family!!

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Who is your superhero?

While walking through classrooms today, something fun caught my eye.  I know, I know, we are back to the superhero theme, but I can't help it, I think it is fun how we all incorporated the idea of harnessing our kiddos inner superpowers in so many different ways.  Maria Vierling, who is a 3rd grade teacher had a super fun writing prompt and project to go with the writing.  It was titled Who is your super hero?  The students wrote about their superheroes.  For it being so early in the school year, I am so proud of their writing on topic about the superpowers of their friends and family members. 







The writing samples are on display outside of Maria's classroom on the ledge.  They are so cute to read and so inspiring how our students see their friends and family members. 

To go along with the writing samples on the inside of the windows are superhero paper dolls.  I don't think this picture does these mini superheroes justice.  I bet this was a fun building community project for these students. 

No comments:

Post a Comment