Stingray Staff

Stingray Staff
What a Super(hero) family!!

Friday, September 19, 2014

KRYPTONITE KUDOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you feel the weeks going back faster and faster?  I do.   But you know what is AWESOME?????  How much we have all embraced the super hero theme!!!  I think it is so much fun seeing capes and masks on Fridays!!!!  The trend is spreading.  It makes Sexton such a fun place to be, and with all the hard work we are doing each and every day, work should be fun!!!

First I have to give the entire staff two kryptonite kudos:

1.  You may not know this, but since I have the opportunity to visit every classroom, it must be said that we have made great strides in the area of mathematics over the last year.  I am impressed when I pull math journals with the work students are doing.  I see visual vocabulary cards and strategies posted to help students grapple with more complex problems.  If this is where we are in September, I can't wait to see how this evolves over the course of the school year!!!

2.  Thank you for welcoming Tammy Seals to campus this week.  Every team has given at least one PLC to better understand guided reading.  Many have given two or three planning times to a more in depth study, many others are working one on one and have invited her in for demonstration lessons.  Our students will only benefit from your professional growth.   We are setting our students up to experience fantastic growth this year!!!

Some individual props posts and krptonite kudos:

  • Tammy Seals-  I love having Tammy on campus.  She is such a thinker and she is so excited about Guided Reading and spreading that love to other people.  I will miss her after she leaves on Tuesday.  
  • Beverlee Beck-  Thank you for being awesome!  Your students were so well spoken today as they explained the difference between living and non-living organisms.  Sexton is so lucky to have you on board. 
  • Kiersten Lund-  What a great job you have done building the foundation for growing readers.  Thank you for sharing reading time with me.  
  • Lisa Cook- Kryptonite Kudos for giving props to one of your teammates this week and pointing me in their direction for my blog!!! 
  • Mark and the entire plant operations staff- Thank you for your sense of humor.  You all keep our morale high and keep me laughing....and laughing....and laughing.  
  • Franki Robinson- props to you for being so flexible today.  
  • Gina Broadbear and Becky Jenkins- Kryptonite Kudos for your patience.  You both have no idea how much I appreciate you every....single....day.  
  • Becki Jacobs- Even though I am stubbornly self-sufficient, even when flying solo, she is very persistent in making sure my job is easy on those days.  VERY persistent.  I appreciate you.  
  • Keesha Graham and Rachel Sabba- Thank you for being understanding and flexible this week.  I enjoy having conversations that make me think about our work we are doing and why we are doing it.  Those are the conversations that make me a better leader, so thank you for engaging me in your thoughts.  

No comments:

Post a Comment